Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Black History Month Great Black Person #12



Black History Month Great Black Person #12 of 29
TLC

My adolescent years were confusing times, full of many perplexing questions. Lucky for me, TLC was around back then to answer those tough questions. What exactly is a scrub? Should I chase waterfalls? Is there another word for 'opposite of pretty' besides ugly? Yes, TLC was truly a wealth of information. In addition to being my 90s version of Google, I liked TLC because they were from my hometown of Atlanta and because they were different from the other popular groups at the time. You didn't see Green Day or Seal wearing tape under their eyes or doing the All That theme song or burning down football players' houses. Pssh, scrubs. So thanks for all you did Chilli, T-Boz, and Left Eye (RIP); you three will always be crazysexycool.

No comments:

Post a Comment