Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Black History Month Great Black Person #13



Black History Month Great Black Person #13 of 29:
The city of Riverdale

My hometown of Riverdale, Georgia is home to more black heroes per capita than any other city in America. T.I. Waka Flocka, Ciara, Marquis Grissom, Tashard Choice, and The Petal Playlist have all called Riverdale home. Not bad for a town of only 13,000 people. And look at all the nice things Wikipedia has to say about the city: 

  • "The crime rate in Riverdale is nearly twice that of Atlanta."
  • "Gang activity is considered very common in Riverdale." 
  • "One of Riverdale's major issues has been its reputation for murder and rape."

Eat your heart out 8 Mile. So my hometown has a few social issues... there are still a lot of great things about Riverdale:

  1. Setting for the Archie comics
  2. Not located in Alabama
  3. Ummm...

Okay, so Riverdale is kinda sketch, but it's where I'm from and I'm proud... 


...that I got the heck outta there.

No comments:

Post a Comment