Sunday, February 5, 2012

Black History Month Great Black Person #5


Black History Month Great Black Person #5 of 29
Morgan Freeman

Whenever I'm asked whether I'd rather lose my vision or my hearing, I always choose to part with sight, because if I lose my hearing, I'll never be able to listen to Morgan Freeman's voice again. Seriously, is there a better voice in the world today? If Morgan Freeman had done books on tape when I was in high school, I would have gotten better grades because I would have actually been able to make it through Crime and Punishment. In addition to Mr. Freeman's suave, soothing voice, there is, of course, his impressive catalog of movies. He's been in Glory, Million Dollar Baby, The Dark Knight, Gone Baby Gone, Amistad, Se7en, Driving Miss Daisy, Unforgiven, and personal favorite The Shawshank Redemption. Not too shabby. I may never win an Oscar, or have a silky-smooth voice, or be black, but someday I hope to be half as cool as Morgan Freeman... and hope is a good thing... maybe the best of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment