Monday, August 1, 2011

You're a Great Guy... But

I've never heard this myself or anything, but I hear, um, from a friend, that the 4 words a guy never wants to hear from a girl are "you're a great guy" because they're always followed by "but... (insert something bad here.)" For instance:

From a girl you like: "You're a great guy... but I just don't feel that way about you."

From that girl you just proposed to: "You're a great guy... but I'm already married."

Even from a cop: "You're a great guy... but you were going 25 over and I'm gonna hafta give you a ticket."

We've all been there... except for me, I mean. So I propose a change on my friend's behalf... never again shall the words "you're a great guy" be followed by anything that isn't also great. For instance:

From a girl you like: "You're a great guy... so let's do it."

From that girl you just proposed to: "You're a great guy... so yes. Oh, I forgot to tell you, my family is super rich."

From the cop: "You're a great guy... wanna fire my gun?"

No comments:

Post a Comment