Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Funeral For a Friend



After nearly a decade of dedicated service, my beloved Ford Focus is officially no more. I'm choosing to honor the valiant car in the only way I know how... through poetry:

I hate your stupid squeaky brakes and how they make me cringe
I hate the way your broke AC blows hot air on my friends
I hate the way your trunk won’t close and randomly flies open
I hate how I can’t charge my phone because your lighter’s broken
I hate your lack of power windows and of power locks
I hate the way your frame shakes, just like Mike J. Fox
I hate how you scratch my cds and how you’re so dang small
But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you, not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all

Thanks Focus... you will be missed

No comments:

Post a Comment