Saturday, February 1, 2014

BHM 2014 Honors: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air


Now this is a story all about how
A show helped me fit in in town
So I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became a fan of a show called Bel Air
In West Riverdale I was born and raised
On the sofa is where I spent most of my days
The hood kids were black, didn't think I was cool
So I was stuck watching TV alone after school
Then I saw this one show and I thought it was good
So did all the black kids in my neighborhood
I quoted one little line and the kids all stared
Said "Dave I didn't know you were down with Bel Air"
I whistled the theme song, the kids all cheered
They said that I was fresh, I didn't know that they cared
If anything I thought they thought I was weird
But now they thought different, all thanks to Bel Air!
We. Played. Outside my house till like seven or eight
Then I yelled to my friends, "Yo guys, see you later!"
I had finally done it, I was finally there
I was part of the hood. Thanks Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!

No comments:

Post a Comment