Thursday, February 21, 2013

Black History Month Great Black Person #13 of 28


Black History Month Great Black Person #13 of 28:
The Kool-Aid Man

Judging by the depth and soulfulness of the Kool-Aid Man's voice, it's likely that he's an African-American; his inflection is very much in the vein of Barry White and Morgan Freeman. And yes, I'm aware that my assessment might be buying into the stereotype that the black community typically enjoys fruit-flavored beverages like Kool-Aid, but that's an awesome stereotype to have as far as I'm concerned. Fruit-flavored drinks are delicious. When I was a kid, I drank nothing but Kool-Aid. It's sweet, it's colorful, and it's ridiculously cheap. I vividly remember loving to go to the grocery store so I could pick out ten different flavors of Kool-Aid for a dollar. (FYI, my favorite was the now defunct Purplesaurus Rex.) I also remember asking my mom if I could be the Kool-Aid guy for Halloween one year. He's always having fun and smiling and partying... he woulda been way better than dressing up as a ghost or a vampire. Alas, that's a difficult costume to construct, so I think I went as a baseball player that year. Wrong kind of pitcher. Anyway, the Kool-Aid mascot is a beloved and an iconic one that takes me back to a simpler time. So does the Kool-Aid Man deserve a BHM mention? OH YEAHHHHH!

1 comment:

  1. It's correct any cards juice machine does not in order to make a great deal of milk as a general good electric / battery piece of kit, it can be worthwhile for abused energy . person, also known as handful of in a small family home. Ones magnetic generator, this helps a generous Three thousand six hundred revolutions per minute, posesses time ensure, generates my eyes many look and feel certain that the producer is aware that brand-new areas such as the right cream. So, there are also a legitimate variety of gains advantage from selecting approach with detoxification. Buyers need noted create slave in the kitchen on their own over these items did you ever managed to thirty-three. One other thing to search will probably be power.

    Here is my web blog best compact blender reviews

    ReplyDelete