Monday, February 11, 2013

Black History Month Great Black Person #7 of 28




Black History Month Great Black Person #7 of 28:
R. Kelly

If R. Kelly's Ignition (Remix) isn't on your party playlist, then it's not a party playlist. Robert Sylvester Kelly has been getting parties (and after parties) started for the last 25 years with his impressive array of R&B hits. Despite his undeniable credentials, I have to admit, I was a tad reluctant to include him in this year's BHM. I mean, R. Kelly is hardly a role model; he's always getting arrested or prosecuted or trapped in a closet. I was torn. I mean, my mind was telling me no, but my body, MY BODY, WAS TELLING ME YES. Nah, of course R. Kelly made the list. He helped me believe I could fly, taught me how to bump n' grind, and showed me it's okay to be a flirt. So thank you, R. Kelly, I know you've had some problems with #1 in the past, but you're still #1 in my book, and don't worry, I'm legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment