Wednesday, January 25, 2012

State of the Blog



I wasn't actually going to address the state of this blog in this post, but maybe just a little addressing wouldn't be so bad:

I have written and edited this blog for six months and let me tell you, the state of this blog is STRONG! This baby is recession proof! Of course, this can mostly be attributed to it being free... and not the type of free that the founding fathers were always jabbering about... free as in it doesn't cost money.

Okay, enough of that. The real purpose of this post is to talk about my amazing track record of not watching the State of the Union address. 27 years, 0 views. It's not that I don't wanna be informed, it's just that it's... well, it's pretty boring. It's the opposite of Sum 41... it's all filler and no killer. But hey, maybe I'm just being ignorant. Or maybe I'm tired of my 9pm show getting bumped. Doesn't matter. What matters is my incredible streak of changing the channel, which I will now detail in great... detail:

Year 1: I was a baby. My brain had yet to fully develop and I therefore didn't feel like I was ready to absorb the political message. (Of course, that never stopped the [insert political party members of your choosing here] from watching!)

Reasons # 2, 6 & 23
Year 2: Sesame Street marathon.

Year 3: I was kinda disillusioned with Reaganomics this particular year.

Year 4: An election year. Didn't wanna get too attached to Reagan in his last year as President.

Year 5: Too busy doing tedious Kindergarten homework.

Year 6: Another Sesame Street marathon.

Year 7: Didn't eat my vegetables at dinner that night and my punishment was not being able to watch.

Year 8: Another election year. Knew it would make me sad to never see a Bush in office again.

Reasons # 9-17
Years 9-16: Didn't watch because I was afraid I might catch a glimpse of Hillary Clinton's face.

Year 17: Again refrained because of the Hillary reason. I knew Bill wasn't President anymore, but I didn't wanna take any chances.

Years 18-21: Too bogged down with Georgia Tech studies to watch... or do anything.

Year 22: Had to work at the esteemed job my Georgia Tech degree got me: Papa John's delivery driver.

Year 23: Another Sesame Street marathon.

Reason # 25
Year 24: Obama's first address. Didn't watch seem reverse-racist by starting to watch now.

Year 25: Too busy reading the Hunger Games trilogy.

Year 26: Too excited about the upcoming Black History Month to watch.

Year 27: Too old for Sesame Street, so I watched a Yo Gabba Gabba marathon on Nick Jr instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment